Our tuition includes:
- The 2 year program (6 trimesters)
- 30 ten week online courses through our private teaching platform
- video lectures
- class discussions
- live weekly student meetings
- opportunities for meaningful feedback
- he incredible IBMS community of students and teachers
We want to be transparent and have no hidden fine print. ALL REQUIRED DONATIONS ARE INCLUDED IN THE $6000 TOTAL
- A $50 application donation when you submit your application
- A non-refundable, place holding donation of $450 upon acceptance (applications and deposits will begin being accepted again in fall 2018)
- A required donation of $3000 for the first year, due June 1st immediately prior to your first year beginning
- The remaining required donation of $3000 is due June 1st immediately prior to your second year beginning
What is NOT included in the donation:
- A computer and internet access
- Recommended textbooks
Return of Donations
***Once your donation is submitted for the first year, no refunds will be given if you discontinue the course during the first year. Once your donation is submitted for the second year, no refund will be given if you discontinue the course before completing the course. If you complete only part of the course, or one year, you will not be granted completion status,
A La Carte Courses
Students that choose to enroll this way will not receive the benefits of full-time status, including lower donation per credit or access to the live weekly meetings. We have included this option so that more people can get started on their journey now, even if they cannot fully commit to the 2 year program. This “a la carte” option would also be appropriate for students or midwives who want to renew or refresh their knowledge base in a particular area.
THE A LA CARTE DONATION PER COURSE IS $349
If someone takes course a la carte and then later enrolls in the full 2 year program, there will be no reduced donation as consideration for the courses they have already purchased and completed. The 2 year program is a package and the package cannot be amended. Credits achieved through a la carte coursework do not apply towards the Certificate of Completion for the Midwifery Program.
- While actively enrolled, you are included in the Wise Woman Circle and get all the benefits of being a member of Indie Birth Association.
- While we feel that our school is complete in terms of classroom learning, it does not include an apprenticeship nor do we have access to connect you with an apprenticeship aside from informal help when able. Our hope is that during or after you complete the program, you will be a valuable asset to any team or practice as an assistant or apprentice.
- Indie Birth Private Contract Association (including Indie Birth Midwifery School) functions as a Private Contract Association (PMA) and all students and faculty must be members of IBPCA. Contract/application will be offered to you with enrollment package.